Tuesday, December 1, 2015

How to make a Deerling Burlap Wreath!

This cute little chalkboard deer head caught my eye on my last trip to Michael's Craft Store.
And I knew just what I wanted to do with it! So I grabbed it and a roll of black striped burlap and headed home with a fun project churning in my brain.

Here is my burlap wreath from last year. I followed these easy instructions over at Stonegable ;) It still had a bow on it, which worked our great since it had the colors I wanted to work with!


If you want to make your wreath into a cute "Deerling Wreath" well, it's as easy as this!

So cute, right!
Or you can take it one step further and add some dimension by adding a row of striped burlap!


I cut my roll of striped burlap into three lengths to make it easy to work with. Then I just found areas in the center of the burlap loops to add a row of the striped burlap all the way around the wreath.

It just took a few minutes to get the hang of it and it turned out great!

Now you can add the deerling and bow!


I liked the pop of red on the deer's head and it gives the appearance of being in the center of the wreath.  I know that I am going to be tempted to try some chalk art on it! And maybe add a sprig of holly or two, but today I will enjoy it just as it is. I celebrate the first day of December by hanging a Christmas wreath on my front door! How do you start your decorating?


You can find me sharing this post over at




7 comments:

  1. that's so sweet and beatifull, i hope to have it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great tutorial. It's cute, too.

    Visiting from the Fabulous Fall Party.

    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea