Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day and one of our favorite family traditions!

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day! Today, along with donning my green scarf and purse, I am setting a green table!  


Since the kids, now 24, 19 and 15 were little, I set a celebration table for dinner. Over the years it has gotten a bit more sophisticated, less plastic leprechauns and more about color and texture. 
Naturally, I start with the color scheme, that's a no brainer, and makes it easy to build from.  Green can be incorporated in so many ways, especially if you go outside and grab a few clippings


I started with the first layer, a fun and bright tablecloth of green and purple. Very Spring-y and cheerful!
Next I brought in texture and contrast with my willow chargers. I've stacked my white embossed dinner plates on a copper colored plastic charger. The copper color gives me that Irish green and orange scheme I want to highlight. Now I've introduced more green with a cute green and white damask pattern melamine luncheon plate with another white dessert plate on that. Yes, that's alot of stacking, but it gives it such a fun and unique look to each place setting!

I found cute foam shamrocks at the craft store, some with glitter that will be used as placecards. (If only I could have found my sharpie maker before I had to get the photo done, but you get the idea)

Since my son's name is Patrick, we have alot of fun with this traditional dinner of corned beef and cabbage. The "Lucky Leprechaun" comes for a visit and leaves a small green gift bag for each dinner guest! In fact, the best gifts over the years have been dollar store finds of candy- like rollos for "pots of gold" and playing cards for after dinner excitement!

I'm hoping that we can keep this family tradition thriving over the years! What tradition do you share?

Willow Chargers, Green & White Plates-Pier 1
Copper Chargers, Foam shamrocks, Green cupcake stand-Michael's Craft Store
Shamrock plant-Trader Joe's
Tablecloth-Set to a Tea
Tea- Top o' the Mornin' & Mint Chocolate Chip- Set to a Tea

I'll be sharing this over at

4 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Linking over from Sandi's Rose Chintz Cottage. Looking forward to browsing your site. :) ~Heather Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tradition sounds like fun! I like the green and orange together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stacking of the dinnerware. Makes it so much more interesting. A very festive table for a wonderful occasion. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for tea. Happy St Patrick's Day!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St. Paddy's Day! What a lovely table setting! Your Irish traditions sound lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea