Thursday, February 12, 2015

Teacup Roses, More Tissue paper fun!

Now that you have your Connecting Hearts Placemats done, lets continue the tissue paper fun!
I've made a blooming napkin holder out of light pink tissue paper. The fabric napkin is rolled like a rose also, and placed in the center of the tissue paper.
Do you remember how to make those tissue paper flowers from your childhood? How about a refresher course?  Start with your tissue paper, I used a   6 x  9"  rectangle, 6 pieces stacked together.

Now fan fold it all the way across, I used a 2" fan fold.  Next use a piece of wire or even a twist tie and secure the center.  Trim each end of the fan folded strip with a nice curve. This will create your petals.
Now slowly and gently pull each petal layer on one side towards the center. Repeat this process for the other side. Since we plan on using the center of the bloom, you don't need to pull the tissue paper too tight towards the center. I made my blooms large and fluffy! I wanted them to make a statement!
Here's my placesetting! I love how the rose sits high up on the teacup, and pulls the colors from the floral plate. What do you think? Are you ready to give it a try and add a few blooms to your table? 

I also played with using a bright pink wrapped chocolate for the center. This would be lovely for a Mother's day setting! And how about a pink peep chic or bunny tucked into the center for Easter?
The options are so fun! Which one will you try?

Btw...did you know I'm on Instagram?
I would love to have you follow along.


I'll be sharing this with:




2 comments:

  1. You are very crafty making this lovely rose. I really enjoyed seeing it and what a sweet table too! Glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make those tissue roses all the time when I was a little girl. I haven't made them since and what a creative way to place pretty roses on teacups and teapots! I like the idea of placing a peep or chocolate into the center. I see you also have some Rose Chintz. Wonderful and creative posting. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for Tea Time.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea