Monday, February 9, 2015

Hooked on......Toile!

I'm hooked on "Toile"!
It's one of those classic designs that just stays on trend! Can you ever get tired of toile?
I've always had a fondness for it! I'll never forget the first time I laid eyes on a piece of toile, straight from France, when I was doing an internship at Ethan Allen.(many moons ago) It was a multi colored pattern of children and lambs, a real pastoral scene.

It opened my eyes to the wonders of fabric! You could say that it sparked my imagination also!

Now, I am always on the look out for fun ways to use toile, 
In fashion,
click here to see these wellies
in home decor,
click here
 as well as at tea party time,
click here 
I will admit I find myself returning to red & white toile patterns! In fact, I can't get enough of them!
I'm always visiting this bathroom on her blog!
I have a very small powder room with a tiny vintage corner sink that would look lovely like this!
click here 
And you can adore it for years and years because it just seems to get better with age.

click here
And red & white is easy to live with all year long! You can highlight the red over the holidays,

click here
play up the white to soften it for the summer

click here
 and it mixes so well with other patterns!

click here

I'm in the process of hanging new curtains in my bedroom to coordinate with a 
reverse toile comforter. (Usually toile patterns are printed on a white or creme
background and the scene or floral pattern is in a single color.
My comforter has the red background and the floral is white.)
I was inspired by Carolyn's room here!
click here

I'll keep my eyes open for more toile fun and in the meantime, you will see black & white toile all over my business cards and product packaging because I am indeed hooked!

For more fun visit my pinterest board, My love affair with Toile, here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea