Monday, January 19, 2015

A Winter Morning Mantelscape

I've just about got the Christmas decor corralled and put away! It takes me a bit longer due to a late Dec birthday and and early Jan birthday in the family. Although, this year, I will say, not as many holiday decorations came out of the attic.
I found a darling wool pom-pom wreath tutorial over at Stonegable and treated myself to a few hours of "me time" to make it. I just love the soft texture and feel of this wreath! So much so, that I couldn't decide where to hang it, it looks great everywhere!
So this month, it takes center stage in my living room on the mantel. I've hung it on my vintage mirror with a suction cup, but I bet a command hook would work too.
I have two buffet style lamps on either side of the mirror for much needed lighting. I'm on the look out for new shades!


 I wanted to use my small boxwood wreaths from Christmas, I just love them!

They are balanced out with a cute faux boxwood ball in my vintage silver champagne bucket. 
And you know me & 3's! The mercury glass pillars hold wonderfully scented candles and create that triangle. With an eye for height and the rule of 3's you can get a great display set up in no time! I go into more detail about the Rule of 3'S in my tutorial here.

My wool wreath is the star of this show, but the different metallics and shades of green make it a great mantelscape, don't you think?
I'll be sharing this mantel over at:


2 comments:

  1. this is so refreshing to look at love the colors anything with wire frames gets me thanks for such delish eye candy.Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments, Susie! Have a tea-rific day!

      Delete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea