A Holiday Tea Bar! 'Tis the Season!

Happy December! Won't you join me for a cup of tea? My Holiday Tea bar is set and ready for a gathering!

I have one spot in the dining room that is always set for tea. Now it is set for a Winter Wonderland Tea. I drew the inspiration from this adorable garland (from Lowes Home Center) and ran with it! 
(The cute sign and snowflake wreath are from Micheal's craft store.)
It's so festive and gave me the ability to set a tea time space that will shine til New Years. You have to love that!
Here's a full shot of the display. I've done a treasure hunt (something I love to do!) around the house and pulled things that coordinate with the theme, color and sparkle that I envisioned.
I set all my treasures on the dining room table and then put groupings together. 
If you look closely, you will see several triangles of red. This is a trick I learned in design school. Setting up any kind of display, you need to create height and groupings of three-hence the triangles -to please the eye. 


This little cabinet is a dream! It helps me stay organized and I can dress her up easily! (She is from Staples, the 12 cube ones are hard to find!) Today she is dressed and organized for tea time and a cookie swap, hence the empty red baskets, waiting for the dozens of cookies to be gifted! I also have silver edged water goblets and pewter bowls, ready to be filled with some ice and sparkling drinks. 
Mr & Mrs Cardinal (from Michael's) pull the pops of red together. A few of my red transferware pieces can be found also, they add a bit of charm, don't you think?


The cute cottage ornaments(also from Lowes) add a bit of Christmas charm too! They capture the spirit of the vignette, their glittering roof tops sparkle with the mercury glass pillars.


The top of the Tea Bar is prepared for the gathering. Scones, tea and hot chocolate are served buffet style so that the hostess can mingle too! I'm not one to hold court in the kitchen, I like to be with all the guests, enjoying the company and warmth of the season!

I hope that my tea bar will inspire you to get your pretty things out, call a few friends and enjoy each other over a cup of tea!
I would love to see how you are arranging your teaware for the holidays! Please do share!

I will be sharing this Tea Bar at 




Comments

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    What a fun tea bar! I love the pops of red; very festive. Red transferware is so perfect for this time of the year and you have some wonderful pieces. The silver adds the sparkle. I almost always have a little area set up for tea. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Merry Christmas!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. A life size shadow box of treasures - looks very pretty with the red here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and festive. You are definitely ready to party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very cute - a "young" look which is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kathleen..What a grand idea... and so festive in red... so many sweet little red ornaments too ...Thanks for sharing >>Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful display and such a friendly way to welcome someone into your home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea