Sunday, November 30, 2014

Hooked on ......Boxwood!

You may remember this photo from my post in September! I am in love with Staffordshire style dogs and when looking through Pinterest for photos I came across this one!
Sorry, there wasn't a link to this photo so that I could give credit to it!
Ever since then, I have been browsing my favorite blogs for boxwood!
It turns out that Courtney Allison from French Country Cottage has a penchant for boxwood everything too!
There are so many fabulous ideas on Pinterest that I created a board just for my love of boxwood!
You can find that here

When I had a minute I went straight to my FAV blog-Stonegable and took a peek at her Christmas Tour. And there it was!
To see more of this wonderful house tour click on the photo!
I just adored this simple and elegant boxwood wreath hanging by a lovely ribbon on the staircase! Voile, the idea stuck and now I see small boxwood wreaths everywhere.
But OH, the price! 

Well, I said to myself! I do have six small boxwood bushes in the yard, let's go see what I can do!
This is what I gathered! I think I could pull this off! 
So, on the hunt again I went into hubby's closet and grabbed two of those wire hangers from the dry cleaners and a bit of green floral wire.

I bent the hangers into a small frame to wire my boxwood bunches to.


I made 6 bunches of the boxwood and wrapped wire around each leaving a 3 inch tail on the wire. I used the wire tail to secure it to the frame. Now, you'll have to be patient and play with the bunches. And I will confess, that I am Not a perfectionist, so I made them simple and just a little full.
I made three wreaths and still had some to spread cheer around the house with. All for the price of...
my time. 

Here's my first Christmas decoration, Thanks for the inspiration, Yvonne!

Hope that you enjoyed my little post on boxwood and please do give me a shout out if you have any boxwood photos to share! I love browsing at boxwood on pinterest and facebook :)

Have a wonderful week!

I'll be sharing this post on some fantastic blogs that I just love to visit.
 I truly do admire these ladies and their talent!
Watch for the links!







1 comment:

  1. Those lil wreaths are adorable. I have boxwood too, might just have to give this a try
    if I can find the time.................never even thought about the fact I have some in the yard.
    So thanks for the idea..............I really like the looks of those I see in catalogs, but they are quite pricey too.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea