Grateful and Blessed Tea Time!

This time of the year inspires me to dress the table in rich colors and get the teapot out! So naturally I was thrilled when The Tea House Times asked me to put together a tea party theme with the rich colors of late fall as the inspiration. The first thing I did was take a walk outside, see what was happening in the garden and on the tress. Adding a few touches of nature to your tablescape brings such a wonderful feel to it! I spread these berries and leaves on the table and new in an instant that I wanted to use the rich reds and eggplant colors of my favorite tablecloth and napkins. This tablecloth also brought together a theme as well. I was able to incorporate my cute Staffordshire dog too!

Next I pulled some lovely glassware out. These are perfect for parfaits and such but today they made a pretty place card holder complete with metal jingle bell acorns.

Vintage china is set at each place, stacked dishes and teacups are layered on a creamy white charger. The gold and green are so rich and elegant on the backdrop of the deep eggplant tablecloth. I think placing the tea napkin between the layers really accentuates the gold design work on the china.


I used  both gold and silver in this tablescape to add a sense of elegance to it.  The deep rich tones in the floral arrangement are balanced with the sparkling silver vase. The silver rims of the water goblets pull the sparkle along the length of the table.


My dining room table, a french farmhouse style table is a rich deep tone and worked well with the colors of the tablecloth.  You'll notice that the tablecloth is square and not full size so it is laid in the center of the table. This gives the large table a sense of intimacy for the party of four. To complete the table I laid a white organza table runner with a damask pattern the whole length of the table, It gave the bold pattern of the first table cloth a way to recede and not compete with the pattern of the dishes. By layering the runner over the small table cloth you get a feeling of correct proportions.

I think this photo will give you a sense of the layering and coloring, I knew I was on the right track when I stepped by and saw it at this stage.


Now, it's time to enjoy! How about a nice pot of rich black tea with cranberries and oranges
I hope you take time to enjoy your pretty things with family and friends this season. 
I'll be sharing this tea party with:

Comments

  1. What a lovely table setting, Kathleen! Beautiful china, and I love your organza table runner. Your tea with cranberries and oranges sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your compliments and for stopping by Sandi! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

      Delete
  2. Your table looks really beautiful and I love your dishes and centerpiece! So glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Bernideen! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  3. Your tablescape layering is brilliant... and cranberry &orange tea sound fabulous..You have created a warm Thanksgiving ambience with your creative talents ..ENJOY !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments, Zaa! And I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Elegant tea time today. And cranberry and orange sounds like a flavor I MUST try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! I hope enjoyed your Thanksgiving! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea