3 Easy Steps to Create your tea time vignette!

Each month I take the time to create a simple centerpiece on my dining room table. It usually reflects the seasons or a holiday, and ofcourse teatime! I'd like to help you create your own display/vignette with my 3 easy steps.
Fall is just about here, and I am a huge fall fan, not just the cooler weather but of the colors and textures too.
I'm ready to introduce the season so I am changing up my dining room a bit and doing some cleaning too. The dust doesn't help my photography skills at all or I'd leave it! :)

Step 1- Select your container. It can be a tray, a platter, a mirror, an empty frame; find something that fits your tabletop and makes you smile!

Step 2- Go on a treasure hunt around your house and GATHER to your hearts content. Keep your container size in mind, and see what color scheme your eye pulls together. Find items of different height, size and my secret is to find one thing fun or whimsical :)

Step 3- This is where the gratification comes- you'll be so happy you took the time to create your vignette!
Start with your focal point; in this case it is my teapot which sets the tone for fall with it's coloring.
Then find an element that pulls out a color or theme. I used the bird to pull out the green of the floral pattern on the teapot. The magic of any grouping is to use 3's. For my third item I placed a small soup tureen to the left. I just love the lid! One problem- they all had the same height! The easy fix is to stack small dishes and give an item a lift. I placed the teapot on the dishes to vary the height.
As much as I loved the lid of the tureen, I wanted to use the rule of 3 again, so off came the lid and a cute little pot of lemon thyme went in for greenery and texture.
For a bit of whimsy I place 5 little lucite teaspoons in front of the bird, completing my arrangement.
So what do you think? Are you ready to pull out some of your favorite tea time pieces and play?
I can't wait to see the results of your treasure hunts!

P. S.   Remember that cute little lid? Well, it just might end up in another post :)
And a little birdie had me take this shot, which I just adore!


I'll be sharing on:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life



Comments

  1. Thanks so much Christine! Have a tea-rific night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tips, Kathleen! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, Kathy! My pleasure to share! Thanks for the opportunity!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea