Thursday, July 31, 2014

In an effort to catch up!

It has been a very hectic 2 weeks since I last posted! Publishing a new catalog, attending meetings, driving teenagers back and forth, and the list goes on. I know that you can relate!
So I thought I'd start here, with a deep relaxing breath and a bouquet of hydrangeas. If you know me at all, you know that I just adore them, all colors, all varieties, I just want to look at them all the time!
My hydrangea envy has made me restless this summer, but low and behold I have been rewarded with careful watering and sunny days!
I went back and forth all day yesterday. Do I cut them, do I walk by the garden and admire them?
Well, I bit the bullet and put together this arrangement. I held my breath and cut 6 blue stems and put this together. Oh, and I used the trick a new friend shared with me. Madeline has a flower farm and puts together amazing bouquets and arrangements. By using scotch tape and creating a "frog" of tape you can easily create a lovely floral centerpiece. So easy, and it won't hurt your vase. 
Now I'm off the shop to be there when the fedex man delivers the boxes of catalogs, and new tea time jewelry and new teas, oh yes, it's been a busy week! Maybe I'll quick put the kettle on first!
Oh, and how do you feel about cutting your favorite flowers from the garden? Are you as squeemish as me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea