Monday, January 14, 2013

Cucumber Sandwiches, need I say more!

In part two of my Elegant Afternoon with the Earl tea party, I wanted to review how easy it is to pull together a yummy menu!
Let's take a look at what I have here: top level, cucumber sandwiches cut into triangles
                                                    lower level: cranberry orange scones, pumpkin loaf,    
                                                    Madelines, blackberries, grapes, and strawberries

Notice, they are all easy finger foods! Everything on the lower level can be purchased at the grocery store ahead of time too, (Okay, I'll let you off the hook this time with the scones, but you KNOW how easy scones are, right!?)
Now for the tea sandwiches, I have to admit, I'm a sucker for a great cucumber sandwich! Nothing says tea time to me like this sandwich, although I am always up for a new idea or flavor of sandwich!

Over the years, I've had dozens of cucumber sandwiches, some more elaborate than others. Some open faced, some not. What's my preference you ask?

Here is what my daughter and I consider to be the Best Cucumber Sandwich! Easy to make and share!

Justine's Favorite Cucumber Sandwich

1 Loaf Pepperidge Farms White Bread "Very Thin"  (only 40 calories per slice and perfect for this)
1 container Boursin Spreadable Cheese -Herb flavored
1 wedge soft cheddar cheese to slice
1 English cucumber

Layout bread on cutting board and spread each piece with a light coating of Boursin Cheese-
Next cut cheddar cheese into thin slices and place on top of Boursin Cheese, on half of the bread slices 
Cut cucumber into thin slices, but not paper thin, you want to taste the cucumber. 
Now on the other half of the bread slices, the ones without the cheddar cheese, place cucumber slices. One layer only and enough to cover the bread.
Make sandwich out of two slices-one with the cheddar cheese, one with the cucumber
Trim off the crust
Cut in half diagonal, then cut in half again for total of 4 triangle tea sandwiches. Scrumptious!

Easy tea sandwiches, easy tea treats with a dash of panache from the silver server spells an 
"Elegant Afternoon Tea with the Earl" 
Just add a nice pot of Earl Grey tea, or Paris Market Day (which is a variation of Earl Grey)
for a wonderful tea time!

Do you have a favorite cucumber sandwich recipe? We'd love to hear about it! Feel free to share it here or on FB or Pinterest! My mouth is watering already :)





1 comment:

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea