Monday, October 22, 2012

A Mantel-scape for my favorite season!


I took a few minutes to be creative and dress up my mantel for my favorite season!  I adore the jewel tone colors of fall and wanted to bring them to the focal point of our living room.

I pulled out a wonderful silver-plate trophy style vase and loaded it with some silks! The reflection it makes in the mirror is just wonderful!  Do you like to stand your mirrors or hang them?

My sweet birds voted to stay in the arrangement. They have been playing on the mantel since the spring, but I don't tire of them, and they seem to enjoy the new scenery. The moss ribbon also stayed in the arrangement, as I just loved the rich green shade and how it pulled the color down to ground the mantel.

At the far right, you can seen my charming soup tureen. I just picked up this lovely at a flea last weekend!
It's just the right size to offset my tea strainer collection, don't you think?
Do you see the wonderful shadows the strainers are casting on the mantel? So fun!

How do you bring fall into your decor? Do you focus on holidays or seasons?
I'll be linking to Met-Monday over at "Between Naps on the Porch" today &
Feathered Nest Friday at "French Country Cottage"  
Do hop over and take a peak all the talented people that share on these blogs!




2 comments:

  1. So pretty. I luv the way you incorporated your tea strainers. AAhhh the luv and joy of tea :-)
    A beautiful tureen Kathleen.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea