Friday, August 24, 2012

Sipping tea in the "Mama Cave"



Early in the summer I was able to pull together a wonderful little sitting area in our back yard. Off the back door and over from the pool, and shady in the afternoon.

 I just loved sitting & sipping in this area, and even enjoyed it while I plugged away on the laptop! Don't you just adore wireless?
Dare I say it again? I am so inspired by Courtney at French Country Cottage! She has this wonderful seating area in her backyard (scroll down to the middle of her post)that just gave me so many ideas! Then she went shopping again and much to my hubby's chagrin, so did I. Although, to appease him, I waited a few months for the clearance sale. (I'm happy to report that I bought my lovely gazebo at half price!)

Now, I can sip, type and enjoy without a little cardinal dropping a present on me!(Not so enjoyable) As much as I loved the sitting room look it feels more complete with the gazebo.

 And as my oldest son's friend declared-it's the perfect "Mama Cave" What do you think, do you like the sitting area before or after the addition of the Gazebo? Maybe it will be a spring and summer look next year to enjoy both!

You may also recognize the cute red bistro chairs from Courtney's blog. I headed right over to Kmart when I saw hers! And believe it or not, I found the wicker tables and chairs on Craiglist, also inspired by her set in her back yard.
 I just wish she lived closer so that I could invite her over for tea, and we could sip in my "Mama Cave" that she helped me put together! Thank you, Courtney! Cheers!
Wouldn’t you love to have a cozy retreat like this in your back yard?

Linking up to:
Feathered Nest Fridays at French Country Cottage with Courtney
Rustic Restorations Weekend at Homespun Happenings with Tammy
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home with Cindy
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch with Susan


17 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful.
    Soo peaceful and relaxing.. definitely the perfect Mommy cave!!
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Gee! Have a tea-rific weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Looks so cozy!!! I love the gazebo. Would love to have tea there! I am your newest follower. I hope you can visit me sometime. Also I would love for you to come by and link this up to my linky party called Rustic Restorations Weekend.
    http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2012/08/rustic-restorations-weekend-17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment and the invitation, Tammy! I'll head over and take a look. Have a tea-rific weekend :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for coming by and sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love what you did - what an inviting spot for a cup of tea ( or glass of wine? lol )
    Your newest follower- would love to have you visit and follow back when you can!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so much Suzyq! I'll head over for a visit :)

      Delete
  5. The gazebo definitely makes the space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! I think I agree with you on that :)

      Delete
  6. Sigh. I would love a spot like that. It looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. If you're ever near Philly, PA I'd be glad to share it with you over a cup of tea :)

      Delete
  7. the gazebo looks great! great place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic place to escape to and relax. I love the gazebo and all the furniture and fixings you've added. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliments, Michele! Have a tea-rific day!

      Delete
  9. Looks so fun - thanks for linking to Open House!

    ReplyDelete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea