Thursday, August 9, 2012

Playing with Dishes and Tablescape Thursday

Nothing speaks to the end of summer quite like sunflowers. And sunflowers with their golden hues make me dream of Provence. This is the inspiration for my breakfast tablescape this morning. I did some shopping in my dish closet, my "Prepared Hostess" cubbies and my favorite dish store, Pier 1 :)
I just love the rich accents of reds and blues to the golds of the tablecloth, sunflowers and plates. I've discovered a new detail in tablescaping, layering! I've picked up some wonderful tips from Susan at Between  Naps on the Porch over the past year. She is so talented, and handy :) And her followers are too!

This unexpected pop of blue really brought out the best in the tea cosie, wouldn't you agree? And then it just added depth to the plate for scones layered on top of the tea napkin.
 I'm drinking French Breakfast tea this morning as I dream of sunflowers in Provence and head off to work on our new catalog. 
While I do that, hop on over to Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday and fabulous inspiration!

www.settoatea.com



8 comments:

  1. I love your settings.. They are charming and so well put together. The little plates are darling. Your tea cozy is the perfect touch, especially with the blue teapot! I am so ready for the end of summer.. it's been too hot. The sunflowers are just perfect.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind compliments, Marlis. I'm with you on the summer ending and enjoying the fall!

      Delete
  2. You have a lovely setting for your table by the window. I like seeing the cute tea cosy and the sweet blue teapot. This tablescape is perfect with all the colors of provence and the pretty sunflowers. Enjoy dreaming and please pop over to view my GW finds from vacation in a tablescape!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and kind words Pam! Where can I pop over to visit you? Looking forward to it :)

      Delete
  3. Kathleen, I your tea table is full of cheerful sunshine. I'm especially fond of your tea cozie. The provencal fabric is yummy. I'd enjoy tea at this table any time. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that it provided a bit of sunshine for you!

      Delete
  4. Fancy settings and formal tea parties are not the only way to enjoy tea and grand gatheings--BUT IT SURELY IS A GOOD PLACE TO BEGIN!!loving it!
    Sooo you have just opened the doors to this lovely blog on the net!! Wonderful I can be your first official FOLLOWER! I too am somewhat of a newbie at this blogging..find me at LIKE GRAMMA'S HOUSE -perhaps you will find something to inspire and give reason to pause for "awhile"..I think that may be a southern phrase but then this Gramma is definitely a Southern Girl w roots going back to South Georgia [USA]

    Jonell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit, Jonelle! I appreciate your kind words and becoming my first follower! Look forward to my visit to your place :)

      Delete

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea