Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Day at the Races

As we get to know our new town and all it has to offer I plan to share it with you! Today we had the opportunity to experience a day at the races. I was excited because it meant a new hat! And I imagined all kinds of people would be there, a great day for people watching.
Well, I've never been to the Kentucky Derby, but this was what I think it would be like! Horses, Lots of people in amazing hats, good food, fun and did I mention the horses?  In fact, the first race was so intense! Ten horses and jockeys at the start and only 2 finished the race. I've never seen a horse fall before, it was scary-and then to watch the jockey try and roll out of the way of the other horses coming at him full speed, well I needed another blueberry tea! A lady could swoon over such goings on.
There was just so much to see at the Radnor Steeplechase that you're going to have to put up with several posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have "Sharing Life over Tea" delivered right to your feed reader or Inbox. Subscription links are located at the top right. Thanks so much for your comments. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas! I moderate comments so don't worry if your comment doesn't post immediately. This blog is a happy place, a drama-free zone. :) In that regard, comments that are mean-spirited or possibly hurtful to our much-loved visitors, will not be posted. Thanks always for your comment. You are the very best part of Sharing Life over Tea